Years ago I had seen Dr. Schroeder for back issues after a bad car accident. When I later noticed I didn't have copies of my records from Dr. Schroeder's office, I called the office and spoke with Tamara. She told me the only records left on me were in their log book. This book had my x-ray information. I went to the office and Tamara wrote down the views and the date the x-rays were taken. When I got home I noticed the date was not correct so I called. I asked if I could have a copy of the log page that had my medical information. This time I spoke with Janine who told me I would have to speak with Mark as he was in charge of the x-ray records. She also told me as we were speaking the machine used at their office was really old. Janine even laughed at its antiquity. I called until I spoke with Mark. At first Mark denied having any of my medical records including the log book. When I told him Tamara had already told me about the log book as well as written information down for me, Mark admitted the log book had info. on me. He then got the book and read over details of my car accident. I requested a copy of this page but Mark refused. I then drove to the facility and personally spoke with Mark. Mark the told me he couldn't find my records in the log book. They had somehow vanished that day. I also asked about the age of the x-ray machine that Janine had poked fun at. Mark kept looking away as he laughed. Mark's behavior was bizarre.

At this point I decided to personally speak with Dr. Schroeder. After explaining my experience, the doctor acknowledged he had heard complaints from other patients regarding Mark. Mark not only handles records but he also administers electronic stimulation to patients. After Dr. Schroeder spoke with Mark and myself, the doctor told me he believed me and apologized. The doctor apologized several times for Mark's behavior. Dr. Schroeder told me he would personally look at the log book. Unfortunately, the doctor couldn't look at the book that day as he was busy. By the time he did look at the book, all of my records were gone. Dr. Schroeder told me he would look in his storage unit where old records are kept, but he didn't. I was never able to obtain a copy of this log page.

During visits in which I tried to obtain my records, I did hear from staff members of Mark's dishonesty and his very odd behavior. It seemed like the staff was very aware of patient complaints about Mark.

I later asked Dr. Schroeder why he would allow Mark to handle medical records. I did not receive a response. I should have asked why they use such an old x-ray machine and why a guy with questionable behavior is administering electronic stimulation to patients.

I won't be going back.

Had an Experience with Schroeder Center for Healthy Living?

Comments